Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 03, 2009

A Comment Worthy Of A Post

"Cleophus Downington has left a new comment on your post "Is This Really Smoking Gun Of Obama's Kenyan Birth...":

To all comment authors

My name is Cleophus Downington and I am a frequent reader of this blog as well as many others. For the record and possibly irrelavent, I am a white male, aged 54 and a Republican. I supported McCain/Palin and I have lived on the Eastern Shore most of my life with the exception of college. I also will confess upfront I am a horrible speller.

I write in defense of Mad Black Woman. She is not, I repeat not a racist. Her tag line is from her blog - Blog of a Mad Black Woman. She is probably one of the most sensible bloggers on the net today!

Although I respect Mr. Albero and his right to his opinion, I find this blog very informative. But MBW makes some valid points. Most of the comments to her post could not refute some of her points.

Mr. Albero, I have met you a few times by way of a cordial "hello" in passing. I do not know you personnally and what I do know is primarily from this blog. I feel your blog does serve a purpose. But I employ that your readers and yourself do a bit more research before labeling someone as a racist in lieu of the points being made.

And Joe, If I may call you so - I believe you are above this nonsense.

If people cannot express opposing opinions without being attacked and insulted, what is the purpose of your blog?

BTW - I agree with MBW. But maybe she might want to refrain from her tag line because as she would put it "haters won't get it!"

Salisbury News readers try exploring outside your box and read opposing views. It may give you a better insight before jumping to non factual attacks.

Not afraid to sign my name
Cleophus Downington"

Cleophus, I thank you for your comment. While I do NOT agree with many comments being posted, the idea of a Blog is to open the door for others to express their opinion. Right, wrong, good, bad, indifferent, you get the picture. We only censor the personal attacks and curse words. MBW has her right to her opinion and the other commenter's debated her comment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's how adults should act. Civil. You people could learn alot from these two.

Anonymous said...

I am having difficulty believing that the real name is Cleophus Downington.

Cleophus D said...

Again, readers off point but yes that is my name.

Anonymous said...

We know she is a woman.
We know she is mad.
Why did we need to know she is black? How does that make her womanhood, or her anger, qualitatively different from others?

Couldn't she have been a mad woman?

Maybe I'm splitting hairs here. But if you identify yourself by race from the beginning, aren't you encouraging others to think of you in racial terms?

If I ask people to know me in terms of my race, am I a racist?



Thank you,
A Person.

Anonymous said...

8:10
very well said.