Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 03, 2009

AARP – Another Lefty Lobby

We recently did a post on the Maryland League of Conservation Voters (MLCV) and their decision to rate Maryland legislators on EARLY VOTING.  We posed the question – What does early voting have to do with environmentalism?

Today I received an email from the Maryland chapter of AARP asking me to email my senators in support of “Cap and Tax”.  For those of us at that certain age in life, AARP offers lots of great benefits; discounts on travel, insurance, etc.  However, I become increasingly dismayed with groups that claim to be supporting certain issues and then use our dues money to promote left wing causes like “Cap and Tax” and ObamaCare (last week AARP hosted a “Tele-Town Hall” that did told every left wing lie possible about Obama Care).

Something tells me that AARP supports early voting too.  What has that got to do with being a senior?  We vote in high numbers already.

cross posted at Delmarva Dealings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the only people against early voting are people against Democracy.

G. A. Harrison said...

Really?

How about those of us against voter fraud? In Maryland you could already vote early by going to your local board of elections and filling out an absentee ballot. But that's not good enough for the party that wants to vote the dead. Now you can go to any county and vote. Of course, requiring that ID be shown is somehow a violation of one's rights.

Try again. The Maryland Early Voting law is only for those that want to rig elections.

Anonymous said...

One more reason my AARP application for membership goes in the trash when it arrives.
I was not even 50 yrs old yet and they started sending me application for enrollment. I am not 54 and they are still trying to get me to send in my yearly dues. They will be waiting a long time and I am telling alot of other people my age to not waste their money to join.