Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Circulating via forwarded email, an open letter to President Obama by former Procter & Gamble executive Lou Pritchett enumerates the ways the newly-elected commander-in-chief scares him.

Lou Pritchett is one of corporate America 's true living legends- an acclaimed author, dynamic teacher and one of the world's highest rated speakers. Successful corporate executives everywhere recognize him as the foremost leader in change management. Lou changed the way America does business by creating an audacious concept that came to be known as "partnering." Pritchett rose from soap salesman to Vice-President, Sales and Customer Development for Procter and Gamble and over the course of 36 years, made corporate history.

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America ' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett

TRUE - CHECK: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/youscareme.asp

This letter was sent to the NY Times but they never acknowledged it. Big surprise. Since it hit the internet, however, it has had over 500,000 hits. Keep it going. All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. It's happening right now.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let the whining liberals begin bashing this. Of course, they'll never answer any of the questions...they can't because they don't know either, they just follow him around like little cowardly sheep.

Sick of those who control through fear said...

We are not cowardly sheep. Just because you want to keep control of this country with corporate america instead of the people, don't call the rest of us cowardly. We stand up for what the people want. Obama won the election. America wants Obama as president. You whining rich kids are just flys we need to swat regularly as we put our country back together again.

Anonymous said...

I don't really believe Americans wanted this person as president. People everywhere were bussed to the polls and probably told how to vote once they got there - so don't you dare say Americans wanted this as president. He has never been wanted as president and doesn't deserve to be there now.

Anonymous said...

"You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view."

Obama has done nothing to demonize, nothing to silence any of these people. He has only noted correctly that Republicans shouldn't look to them for leadership of the party. (He's right. Did the talk show haters help win the election? Nope.)

But they have demonized Obama.

This "executive" is no wiser than anyone else who that thinks Loudmouth Limbaugh speaks gospel.

Anonymous said...

9:23, yes you are a coward and I would love to see you or any of your kind try to slap me!!

Anonymous said...

9:23 you really are a dumba--. Don't you even know the preamble to the constitutuion. our government is suppose to be for the people and by the people. And Obama only won the election because of Acorn soliciting illegal immigrants to vote and dead people voting. Yes that is why they got billions in the stimulus package as pay back for getting him elected. And he is not putting the country back together he is tearing it apart. So if you are not smart enough to read this on your own. Get someone to read it to you. You cowardly sheep following blindly to the slaughter.

Anonymous said...

Anon 11:18am

Now that's an interesting statement. I'm sure you can back it up with some kind of fact.

Nope didn't think you could.

Fearmongers Fool No One said...

9:23 says you people are very entertaining. It's like talking to a group of teenagers. I'd be happy to slap some sense into all of you because you desperately need it. Our country is unrecognizable because of biggot, wealth mongers. You don't have a kind word for anyone that is not exactly like you. Yes, I dare say, America wanted Obama for President. If you feel so strongly that is not the case, why are you not protesting! Many of my family members have died giving you that right.

Chimera said...

Great letter!I totally agree,and for those who do not like it may I suggest....
Let em eat "cupcakes"

Anonymous said...

Well 12:12 maybe we should arrange a time to get together since you're such a big man making threats on here! Can you do it in person you little worm??

Yes, I'm sure your family members as well as everyone else's have died fighting for our country, our constitution and what they mean to us. That's exactly what we're trying to defend now you dumba**!!! The country and the rights the constutution have given us are being taken away and if you pulled your head out of your own backside you'd be able to see it. You're right about one thing, talking to people like you is like talking to children!

Anonymous said...

So let me get this right. Strong educated conservatives against a bunch of weak minded pot smoking liberals. Get on the bandwagon while you can libs because the strong are rising again!

Anonymous said...

1:27 I think you must have little man syndrome because you are attacking a woman. If you truly beleived that your constitutional rights have been violated, you would do more than just rant on a local web site. You are full of hot air like the rest of those who depend on Corporate America's power over the common man to live your lifestyle. Revolution has come my friend. You may actually have to work for your living instead of stealing your wealth from hard working Americans.

Anonymous said...

Pot Smoking Liberals. HAHAHAHAHA
There's an alcoholic, prescription drug addict conservative pot calling the kettle black!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

2:05- Women I know don't go around saying they want to smack someone, they act and talk like ladies!

You've written 3 letters here all blasting the wealthy, what's your problem with people making money? Maybe if you would focus on working instead of playing on a computer you could join us. Typical liberal, hate the ones who go out there and make something of themselves and then get mad when they won't share it with you!

2:21, how do you manage to type when your eyes are glassy and you've got the munchies? You guys are better than a sitcom! It's ok though, we all appreciate the laughs you give us! ROFLMAO

Anonymous said...

2:56 The jokes on you idiot I am a business owner and very succussful. I make my money with my own two hands - not on the backs of others who work for pathetic wages because their employers are reaping all the profits. Another disappointment to you, I don't smoke pot or get the munchies. I don't need to be a lady for ignorant and arrogant fear mongers. I beleive that you get what you give. I live by the golden rule, unlike the wealthmongers who have destroyed my country. So PISS OFF!

Anonymous said...

For all the talk of FEAR MONGERing, who in this country is saying For all the FEAR MONGERING accusers on here, what is the President doing? He’s rushing thru a Health Care Monster Overhaul and telling us be afraid, THIS IS A CRISIS, don’t bother reading it, PASS IT NOW…and you’re following him blindly to the edge of a cliff, and you’re bringing my children and grandchildren (who aren’t even born yet)

Anonymous said...

Fearmongering is how the conservatives control their sheep. Chaney is a pro - follow his lead and you will learn from the best.

Anonymous said...

4:57

Please start thinking for yourself. Everything now is a crisis, health care, global warming, hate crimes.......everything is a crisis so the government can take over everything. The democrats and libs are the sheeple. Your brain is there for a reason.

Anonymous said...

6:52 I think for myself and call a spade a spade. That's is why I expose the fearmongering so others may actually begin to think for themselves. The fact that you blame the democrats and libs shows that you merely follow the "conservatives" and are one of their sheeple. I am an independent and think for myself and do not let the "common mind" sway my views. The conservatives and the liberals will be fighting each other until the end of time and NOTHING WILL EVER GET ACCOMPLISHED.