Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Obama, Gates, And James



Hi Joe,

I read your article about Obama's comment on the Gates arrest and I think you're right on with your bottom line. In fact, I think you might be interested in our video, which looks at a number of views on Obama's bizarre response:

http://www.newsy.com/videos/obama_joins_gates_gate

Our approach is unique in that we provide perspective by offering arguments on both sides of the debate and inviting viewers to come to their own conclusions.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Daniel
Community at Newsy
http://www.Newsy.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Race is a prob! He shouldnt have stepped in and throew his 2 cents when he knew nothing about the situation. Now, I wonder if a white man got arrested and said it was bc of a racist black cop, would Obama throw in his 2 cents? I bet you my year salary he wont.

Phil said...

He would probably throw his 2 cents in praising the black cop for the white arrest. My opinion does not deal with race though. The incident was a local issue and Mr. President should not have involved himself on a national level or on any level for that matter. If there was a question the arrest based on race, Mr. Gates should have filed a complaint with the local Internal Affairs. By calling his friend Mr. Obama, this is displaying a racial issue with Mr. Gates, not the Sgt. who arrested him. And I say again, as I have said many times before, President Obama is not the first "African-American President", he is the first Bi-racial President. He is in fact 1/2 black and 1/2 white. So, how can we say he is black? When in fact, he could also be white.