Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 13, 2008

Bayrunners Free Plugs

Considering it cost thousands upon thousands of dollars to run large page ads in the Daily Times, Bayrunners gets more FREE plugs and articles than anyone else I have ever seen in that Newspaper?

You have to beg and plead for them to promote the Zoo and other FREE services in the area, many of which only get a plug the day of and or the day after talking about what happened.

Greg Bassett must be tight with the Owners of Bayrunners and now they're getting a FREE plug on Salisbury News. Oh well, I couldn't pass up my noticing this one more time. It's in the back of the Sports Section under Business News.

By the way, you do notice all the ads the Airlines PAYS for in the Daily Times! Perhaps they should be the first company I go after for advertising. After all, I get more hits than the Daily Times now anyway and they should get far better results from this Website anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right on with this article Joe. Imagine all the good the Daily Slime could do for struggling businesses in Salisbury if they ran free plugs like they regularly do for Bayrunner.

Don't think we don't notice all the free plugs you give businesses in the area and people just starting out. Take the dog sitting article you ran yesterday as an example. I wish she took bigger dogs because I'd use her services in a heart beat if she did.

joe albero said...

Bonnie is great people and a true Bunny Hugger. LOL If you don't know what a Bunny Hugger is, it's someone who loves ALL animals. You can't go wrong with Bonnie taking care of your animals. Go to ger Site and see how reasonable it is. It's a whole lot cheaper than any Kennel around.

Anonymous said...

Joe you get no where near as many hits as the Daily Times. Your full of yourself. You state how many hits you get all the time and I know how many the Times gets and it blows you out of the water.

joe albero said...

Obviously I struck a nerve.

First of all, I have spoken directly with Greg Bassett on this matter and quite frankly, the hits the Daily Times CLAIMS they get are Page Views, not unique hits. Quadruple my unique hits per day and you'll get my page views.

Also, let me add, I show two days, (at least) of news/info per page. The Daily Times has a page for every article.

Even all that being said, I still blow away the Daily Times in hits anyway and they now know it.

Since you're so in the know, what's your name? Also, how many hits a day do I get, Mr. Know It All?

Anonymous said...

I go to delmarvanow.com first to read yesterdays news, then i come here to see what's going on today

the best they can do at covering city politics is intern journalism and they don't last long at minimum wage