Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Pence to Overflow Virginia Crowd: ‘This Isn’t About Us…This Is a Movement of the American People’

SALEM, Virginia — Prior to rallying a packed civic center in Salem, Virginia Thursday, Republican vice-presidential nominee Gov. Mike Pence took a minute to greet those unable to get in, recalling the words of Trump, “This isn’t about us… this is about the American people. This is a movement of the American people…”

“Hey I know we filled up inside,” Pence said to those lined up outside the hall, “but Karen and I wanted to come out and say thank you so much for coming out. With your help we’re going to drive towards a great victory across the United States of America.”

“Whatever it is the media’s chasing after any given day of the week, this is a movement of the American people,” said Pence. “Just today I draw literally hundreds of people, he draws tens of thousands because this is movement of the American people,” Pence said of massive rallies for Trump.

Pence told the story of holding a campaign rally with Trump at a little county fair.

He recalled Trump asking him to explain what they would be doing at the fair. “Donald, county fairs are like my strike zone, alright. This is my area. Right, I said I’m talkin’ about corn dogs, I’m talkin’ about lemon shake-up, I’m talkin’ about livestock, talkin’ about 4H and I said, just stick with me and I’ll get you through the whole thing alright.”

“We pull into this thing and the street to the fairground was lined 5 deep and then it was ten deep,” Pence said, “and a half mile into the fairgrounds it was 50 deep, there were more than 50,000 people that came out for a little county fair.”

Afterward, said Pence, “we were pulling out of the garage and waiting and he said, Mike ya know this isn’t about me, this isn’t about us. He says this is about the American people. This is a movement of the American people who know we can make American great again, but it’s gonna take good leadership…”

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People are starting to catch on they've been had by the ultimate political machine. This is a rage against the machine!