Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Country legend Glenn Campbell, 78, records final song after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's - and tells the world: 'I'm still here but I'm gone'

Country legend Glen Campbell has released his final song ever, six months after family admitted him to a special care facility for Alzheimer's.

The music video for the 78-year-old singer's song 'I'm Not Gonna Miss You' was posted online last week and tells the heartbreaking story of Campbell's career ending as his memory fades.

'I'm still here but yet I'm gone / I don't play guitar or song my songs,' are a few of the lyrics.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has any connection ever been established between decades of hard drinking and taking drugs and Alzheimers?

Anonymous said...

Watched this yesterday, crying. Grew up with this man & his music, so sad his family's losing him this way.

Anonymous said...


11:25 Kinda doubt it. My mother did neither and it took her. Hope it never occurs to anyone close to you. Rough way to go for patient and family.

Anonymous said...

4:29-We eat curry on everything so I doubt it.