Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 17, 2012

Santorum: Despite Beliefs, I Won't Restrict Contraception

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum defended himself against charges that his views on social policy issues are anti-women and insisted that despite his own personal beliefs he is in favor of making contraceptives available as long as the government does not force it on religious groups.

“The issue is, as a . . .public servant, how do I feel about the issue of contraception? It should be available,” Santorum said during an interview Wednesday night with CNN’s Piers Morgan.

But he added: “I object to [it] when the federal government says that religious organizations who feel the way the Catholic Church feels should be required to provide it. I think that’s an infringement upon their religious liberties.”

Santorum pointed to his voting record as U.S. senator from Pennsylvania as proof of his support for providing birth-control measures and he suggested that as president he would continue to do the same.

“As far as contraception, if you look at my voting record, I have a voting record that supports . . . funding for contraception, both domestically, as well as internationally,” Santorum said. “And I would not support any law that would put any restrictions on that.”

Read more

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

“As far as contraception, if you look at my voting record, I have a voting record that supports . . . funding for contraception, both domestically, as well as internationally,” Santorum said. “And I would not support any law that would put any restrictions on that.”

And I think that requires Catholics who pay into that insurance company to let the insurance company use those funds to pay for abortions. Get it yet, Sanatorium???

Ron Paul 2012