Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 30, 2011

Beretta Jetfire .22 Short

At a 'best pistol for self defense forum', the question came up: what is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself...

My personal favorite bear defense gun has always been a Beretta Jetfire .22 short! I've found over the years when hiking in bear country I never leave without it in my pocket. Of course we all know the first rule when hiking in the wilderness is to use the "Buddy System". For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this it means you NEVER hike alone, you bring a friend or companion, even an in-law, that way if something happens there is someone to go get help. I remember one time hiking with my brother-in-law in Alaska. Out of nowhere came this huge Grizzly and man was she MAD! We must have been near one of her cubs. Any way if I had not had my little jetfire I am sure I would not be here today.

That's right, one shot to my brother-in-law's knee cap and I was able to escape by just walking at a brisk pace. That's one of the best pistols in my safe!

7 comments:

Steve Levitan said...

Sorry Joe, gun safety is no joke to me.

Anonymous said...

It would probably bounce off the guys knee.

andy said...

Funny as hell, I've got a couple inlaws that I would love to go hiking with, gun or no gun I know I can out run them. Steve quit being so serious, you cant find the humor in it

Anonymous said...

"Steve Levitan said...
Sorry Joe, gun safety is no joke to me."

Who gives a shit what you think if you can't take a joke.

Anonymous said...

I loved it, thank you. Didn't see it coming. Will send this to my brother in law right now.

Anonymous said...

Tastes like chicken.

Anonymous said...

I know of a young boy killing a tiger in Africa with a 22 short rifle. With proper shot placement a man will go down in a second. It is the macho style of America that says 45 acp is the way to do.