Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

A Letter To The Editor 11-2-11

Mr. Albero,

I read on sbynews last week that there were repairs being done to the Plaza … have they been completed?  Please tell me they have fixed the fountain at Division and West Main?

And thanks for continuing to cover  Delmarva as you do; Being 2 hours away from home, I see no reason to rely on WBOC or WMDT anymore when I get all the information (and the occasionaly lol moment) from sbynews.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bricks looked to be in good condition when I visited Treat Street on Monday. There was no chance of children tripping over broken bricks or falling on loose bricks.

They could use some landscaping in the brick planters, now. But the work done already looked very nice!

Anonymous said...

Maybe they can fix all the Christmas lights also so they all work!

Anonymous said...

I sent this letter... And above all, I appreciate the news this site offers. But I also appreciate the posts about downtown. I realize a lot of locals poopoo the Plaza and think it should be gutted. But you need to realize theres a lot of history down there and dismissing it as a failed urban renewal project is too near sighted.

There was a lot of work that went into the design of the Downtown Plaza. The bricks were salvaged from the old train station and the gas lights were used in Baltimore in the years following the Civil War. In 1968 when Pete Cooper and his team were planning the "heart transplant"
(as Pete himself called it) these little details meant something. The shoppers and the charm and the named like Hess, Benjamins and Mike Hals might be gone but the memories still remain.

But I digress. Again, nice work.

Anonymous said...

Everyone answers except the one to which it is addressed. lol