Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Georgia Middle School Assignment Depicts ‘Positive’ Aspects Of Shariah Law

A Georgia middle school adjusted its lessons after a father complained that his daughter’s homework assignment promoted Shariah law.

According to the Marietta Daily Journal, the assignment was supposed to teach students at Campbell Middle School about the pros and cons of school uniforms. It featured a letter from a woman who said she is “proud and happy” to be Muslim and to completely cover herself in public — and also that her husband could take another wife rather than divorce her if their marriage gets rocky:
“My name is Ahlima and I live in Saudi Arabia. … Perhaps two differences Westerners would notice are that women here do not drive cars and they wear abuyah. An abuyah is a loose-fitting black cloth that covers a woman from head to toe. I like wearing the abuyah since it is very comfortable, and I am protected from blowing sand. … I have seen pictures of women in the West and find their dress to be horribly immodest. … Women in the West do not have the protection of the Sharia as we do here. If our marriage has problems, my husband can take another wife rather than divorce me, and I would still be cared for. … I feel very fortunate that we have the Sharia.”
More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course this propaganda and twisted truth will spread and our mush minded children will be swayed unless "we the people" stop it. what are you going to do?

Anonymous said...

and that is why she lives where she does and I live in America!!