Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Biden: GOP Crowd Members Booing Gay Soldier Was 'Reprehensible'

WASHINGTON -- Appearing on ABC's "The View," Vice President Joseph Biden said it was "reprehensible" for members of the audience at the most recent Republican presidential debate to boo a soldier simply because he was openly gay.

"I did have a visceral response to it," Biden said. "I'm not sure if it's because my son spent a year in Iraq. And I know my sons and all the kids with them -- kids, they're grown men -- I don't think they give a damn whether the guy firing a rifle to protect them is gay or straight. I don't think they care about that. Look this kid risked his life. This kid is there for them. And I, quite frankly, I thought it was reprehensible."


More

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's correct for once.

Anonymous said...

YES HE IS!

SHAME ON THOSE PEOPLE!

Anonymous said...

It may have been out of place however it just goes to show how much the general public is opposed. Gays in the military are going to present much more problems than ever imagined.

Anonymous said...

Soldiers fight for each other

Anonymous said...

8a.m.,

I'm sure opening up a second war front in Iraq before even coming close to victory in Afghan. has had a much more negative impact on force readiness than allowing gays to admit they are gays.

Anonymous said...

The extreme right is reprehensible in many ways as is the far left. The really crazy thing is that many of these people consider themselves good Christians! It was very upsetting to me also, but with the lunatic opinions on both sides, I am not at all surprised.

Alex said...

8:00 please don't equate those morons with general public.

Anonymous said...

ACTUALLY there were only one or two persons that booed--but because of the concrete floor and cavernous acoustics it sounded like more . Do a little google research and you will find reports from credible people that were there. And yet the left is strangely silent abouts Biden calling most of America "barbarian" Funny how that works.

Darryl said...

Thank you Alex

@8am
I found myself watching Fox News yesterday (not by choice) and even the anchor said she was there and only two people booed. Two people out of 50k doesn't sound like the general public.

Anonymous said...

The idiot is correct

Anonymous said...

Slow Joe biden is reprehensible