Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Could Chris Christie Win The Republican Nomination?

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has spent a decent portion of this year categorically denying that he is considering a run for the Republican presidential nomination, using the declarative simple language that makes him popular with many Republicans.

Among the denials:

"What do I have to do short of suicide to convince people I'm not running?"

"You have to believe in your heart, and in your soul, and in your mind that you are ready, and I don't believe that about myself right now."

"I am not arrogant enough to believe that after one year as governor ... that I am ready to be president of the United States."

"I threatened to commit suicide ... to convince people I'm not running. Apparently I actually have to commit suicide to convince people I am not running."

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One Year! Thats more time than the current idiot had. Your twice the man and don't have to rely on being HALF black to get votes. Yes we are still waiting for our first Black president?

Darryl said...

Clicked on comments thinking I would see a good Chris Christie "Should he run or shouldn't he" debate. Yet 7:51 Anonymous has decided to take an Obama race route... Nice. Why are all anonymous users the same?

IN OTHER NEWS I'd like to see Christie run... Eventually. The guy is as"real" as Ron Paul without all the craziness. He also has great ideas and appeals to both sides of the aisle. If he doesn't feel up to it yet then I understand completely. For anyone who wants to equate his short term as governor as enough as "the current idiot" had less that's like saying "The current guy had no experience and is doing horrible so let's elect someone else with no experience". Your logic eludes me... It's also incorrect as Obama was in office two full years before running for president. Not much better but it's nice to get your facts straight first.