Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Arlington Named Second-Best City In America

WASHINGTON - The secret is out, but it comes as no surprise to county officials that Arlington has been named the No. 2 best city in America to live.
 
"Over the last couple of years, we've begun to show up on a lot of lists," says Jay Fisette, member of the Arlington County Board. "I think you could say we've been discovered."
 
Arlington came in second only to Raleigh, N.C. in a ranking of "America's Best Cities" by Bloomberg Businessweek.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raleigh is awful. I lived there ten years and I honestly enjoy Salisbury much more.

Anonymous said...

Arlington is awful also. I've owned a house there for just over 20 years and I bet I haven't spent 20 nights in the place. It's in North Arlington which is supposedly the better area. It's great if you love traffic, constant noise and the smell of exhaust fumes. It's also nice if you like to wait in line to just enter the parking lot of the grocery store. It's also nice to take walks around the supposedly great low crime neighborhood and see the bars on everyone's basement windows.
Yeah Arlington is a great place to live! I'll take my farm on the lower Eastern Shore over Arlington any day!