Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 13, 2010

Ocean Pines Shenanigans

Hey Joe -

Thought you might want to hear the latest in the never-ending political saga of Ocean Pines. It seems that the OP Board of Directors fired our GM last week, giving little to no reason in the press release (as one would expect).

This week we get an email saying that one of the Board Members is taking over as GM, signing a one-year contract, closing his financial planning business to do so.

Isn't this a huge conflict of interest?

You can read the press releases on the OP website: www.oceanpines.org. Go to the OPA news tab, then click on General News.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is a conflict of interest. May also be a ethics violation. Someone should check the charter/bylaws to see if anything is in there about it. If not the residents should demand that it be.

Anonymous said...

If this was'nt a set-up I don't know what! Plus the Board that fired the GM is mostly lame duck too. Plus that Thompson dude got to vote on getting rid of Olsen when he knew he had a good chance to get the position for himself. This stinks !!

dinosaur said...

This reeks of politics.

Anonymous said...

OPA is an HOA which means they can do what ever they desire !! I rent a house here and am moving soon, you could not give me a house here. Even if I was I would sell it for far less than value just to dump it. I had one of there inspecters tell me I had to get rid of my gas grill because it was an 'eye sore' it was ruted but in one piece and in perfect working order.