Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Tractor Trailer Cargo Strikes Overpass, Closes Roadway

Location: I-295 southbound at the I-95 northbound overpass, New Castle, Delaware
Date of Occurrence: Monday, January 25, 2010, at 3:44 p.m.
Vehicle: 2003 International Tractor Trailer, operated by Russell C. Veasey, 49, of Newark, Delaware

Resume:
At approximately 3:44 p.m. this afternoon, Troopers were called to the area of I-295 southbound at the I-95 northbound overpass for a single vehicle incident.

In this case, Russell Veasey was traveling southbound on I-295 in his rig and was hauling a flatbed trailer with an 80’ boom lift and a scissor lift on the back. As Veasey’s vehicle traveled under the I-95 overpass, the top of the boom lift struck the overpass causing the trailer’s cargo to fall to the ground.

I-295 southbound is closed at this time as engineers whose bailiwick is structural inspections are responding to the scene.

It is unknown when the roadway will reopen.

This crash remains under investigation and charges have not yet been filed.

No comments: