Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Letter To The Editor

Dear Nichole,

I am married with a son of 5 ½ years old. I know how blessed we were to be able to bring him into our lives when we did. For you to post something like this to the owner of a nationally known blog is unbelievable. All this while you are running for public office? Are you serious? I’ve handled many campaigns for politicians (I own a printing and mailing company in Berlin, MD) as well as ran for public office myself. I have to say that if you are trying to lose the race before it has begun, I believe you have reached your goal.

This is a family that is going through some very, very rough times. I know what that is like because my family, unfortunately, has been through many. To claim that you were in a room full of people that felt the same way as you? You’ve got some kind of friends. These statements are so mean spirited it makes me wonder just what kind of a person you and your husband are.

To delay the inevitable is just cruel? I’m sorry Nichole but I must have missed your great speech. I also missed where you turned water into wine. I’m assuming that perhaps you also possess the ability to part seas and walk on water. Just because you feel “spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a person who will die at some point just seems out of line” means that we should not try to help this little girl? I didn’t know you knew that was her ultimate fate. If you ever gave money to this cause, I’m sure we can get that back to you immediately.

How on earth someone could put into writing the most mean spirited words I believe I have ever read is unconscionable. After reading your post to SBYNews.com just now I can only reply with one word; Speechless. That word “speechless” is putting this the cleanest, kindest way I possibly can. I sure could come up with single syllable four letter words that you probably would understand a whole lot easier, but that would be reducing myself to your level.

Funny, I was tucking my son into bed the other evening while finishing reading a book to him. There were a few scary parts but he liked it just the same. When I finished he asked me “Daddy, are there really such things as monsters?” Of course I told him “No.” Perhaps if he were able to comprehend your letter he would see, in fact, that I had lied to him. Monsters come in all shapes and sizes Nichole. On the outside they may look like mere human beings. On the inside, with the black heart that beats within like yours, there is a darkness that we’ll never be able to understand.

Good luck on your and your husband’s campaigns. You’ll need it.

Thom Gulyas

Berlin, Maryland

17 comments:

joealbero said...

Up Yours JT! I told you, don't try and comment here.

Anonymous said...

Bam. That was wonderful!

Thom Gulyas said...

Joe,

I just received a message that Tom McGuire called my office.

He told my assistant that "I didn't know the facts and had this whole story wrong." He wants me to call him back so we may discuss this.

Funny, last time I checked and according to my degrees, I am well versed in the English language and read his wife's letter that you posted. I understood EXACTLY what she meant.

Thom Gulyas
Berlin, MD

joealbero said...

TO ALL,

ANYONE wishing to see the "original e-mail" message proving I have posted EXACTLY, (word for word) what was sent to me may do so by sending me an e-mail to, alberobutzo@wmconnect.com.

I will forward the complete message with time stamp, date, you name it.

doug wilkerson said...

Mr Gulyas if you print up the e-mail into a flyer form, Il distribute them through-out Delmar so the locals can see what they have trying to become Mayor. Ilive in Delmar and would be happy to do it.

Anonymous said...

Thom, I disagree with you on one point, this may help thier election chances, after all look at the people that choose the office of Mayor, Barre, Mcdermot, and now Ireton...... none can keep thier word and are losers by thier every promise. Seems the votes go toward the trash that gets elected.

Anonymous said...

Thom, is quite impressive that you don't post often, but when you do you pen your real name. Very well written thoughts.

Joanie said...

1:03 am??? I read the email. What a very selfish and heartless person to write something like that. It was word for word as Joe posted. My response is that I believe that Rob and his wife would probably just pray for these people. Did she also feel the same way about the little girl from Delmar (Kara)? I am so sorry she did not make and my heart goes out to her family. Delmar does not need these people running there town. Doug, I see no competion here. You have done a great job. Nichole, have you thanked God lately? Thanks Joe

Anonymous said...

11:31 am : I agree with you!

Anonymous said...

Ditto what he said.

Only wish to add- not only is she mean, she has no common sense or class. In her own words....

Anonymous said...

Thom, well said.

Doug, I'll help pass them out!

Anonymous said...

Nichole is entitled to her opinion and she may be surrounding herself with people of the same opinion, but I am encouraged by the fact that so many do not share her feelings. I do know that one day, in the words of Ricky Bobby, that "96% of us will have to deal with death" and that includes little Brooke, but to be so negative about this little girl's chances is truly saddening. Nichole if you are reading this, many here would be done with you but I will pray for you and your family, you obviously need just as many prayers as little Brooke.

Thom Gulyas said...

Doug,

You tell me how many you need and I will see to it you have them immediately. I'll be more than happy to print her email.

With Joe's permission, I'll print what he sent over to me that was the original.

Thom Gulyas
Berlin, Maryland

Jane said...

Very well said, Thom.

Anonymous said...

Opinions are part of everyone's 1st Amendment right to express themselves. While some opinions are not popular, it is the person's right to express their opinion.

Anonymous said...

Its NIcole get it right ppl

emo said...

Well said Thom. They emailed me after my post saying to call them for the facts. I told them put them in writing and they haven't responded. I too read the actual email. Its legit and there is no way to dispute it.