Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Letter To The Editor

"Joe,

I recently saw a commenter balking at the purchase of more hunting land on route 12. I think $70k was the amount. The commenter would have rather seen the money go towards some other neighborhood restructure or something.

While I agree there are many things that need money spent on them, I, as a gun owner and sportsman, have paid cash money to the government through my purchase of ammunition (10%) for the sole purpose of buying habitat for wildlife, and I am against any thoughts of using my money for any other purpose. This morning’s news report has a story that someone is suggesting that FEMA funds be used to help pay for the big crowd expected at the inauguration! To this I also say no. If there is money in that fund, it should still be spent on natural disasters, not a scheduled event such as this. If there is not enough money in the inauguration fund for this year’s activities, the event needs to be trimmed to fit the budget, or a new tax proposal needs to be introduced and voted in by the general public.

A presidential election and inauguration is in no way an “emergency” or a “disaster”.

Barry G"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree!,I am a hunter as well. But on the funny side, this election or term is going to be a disaster!The days of "Robbing Peter to pay Paul" are getting ready to get good!Trim the event!We will go further in the hole to glorify this one though and it will be ok, let Bush take an unauthorized plane ride and see what the democrats have to say!

Anonymous said...

imo this election was a disaster and the inaugural will be the same. too much money and a grosly overestimated crowd, for which we all have to pay. emergency, of course.