Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Comcast Is About To Screw Every One Of Their Customers

Have you asked about your new cable bill in the months to come? One friend did and he was amazed at their reply. You see, if you have a television that is simply hooked up to the back of your TV and not to a converter box, guess what? You're going to have to purchase a box from Comcast for every single TV!

Now I know you''re thinking, that's just not true, I can buy one of those digital converters from Circuit City or somewhere else for digital television. NOPE! They won't work with Comcast. Not according to Comcast, anyway!

Some previous package that used to cost you let's say $85.00 a month will now go up to $165.00 a month! You'll then have to pay $7.00 a month for every box after the first box. So if you have multiple TV's in your home, expect to pay that additional fee for your other TV's.

Oh, if you decide to cancel your cable TV and you have Internet through Comcast, your rate will increase to $60.00 a month to boot!

Yep, while the economy goes to the sh!tter, they'll nail you on every luxury left until you're completely out of any more money you had! That's how our Government works Folks. They won't stop till we're in another Great Depression, everyone has lost everything they have and only the rich will survive. History is in fact repeating itself.

12 comments:

Daddio said...

It's this callous attitude of theirs that caused us to cancel our subscription to them a few months ago.

We now get our internet access on DSL (recently available in our area), and TV service from DirecTV. The local TV channels are available free over the air with a digital converter and an outside antenna.

Anonymous said...

Some good advice for everyone is cancel your cable. The kids will live I promise. We got our cable cut off around xmas, I finally go around to paying the bill off in march and decided to just stay cable free. The change in my kids is so much for the better I cannot believeit. We still have internet. But my kids actually play with their toys now, I cannot get them to come inside, their language and slang words have improved greatly. Sometimes they feel left out or different because we don't have cable, but when they go to a friends house my 12 year old tells me that tv is very annoying. CANCEL YOUR CABLE, it's brainwashing your kids!!!

Anonymous said...

I am no Comcast fan, but I really do not think that is true. I work at a place that is a Comcast vendor, and in our meeting with the District representative two days ago, he stated that ANY box will work. Customers have the choice of buying one on their own, or renting one for $7.00 a month.

Th US Government is giving everyone a $40 coupon for the digital boxes. Renting one from Comcast is silly, and unnecessary.

PLUS, if you currently have Comcast or a satillite provider, you do not need a bs anyway.

The ONLY reason you need a digital converter box is if you ONLY receive televsion through an antenna, or have satillite service and can receive local channels through an antenna.

No antenna? No box needed.

Anonymous said...

Remember when you had to pay for extra connections in your house, and then a law was passed saying that once a service was provided to your house they couldn't charge beyond that for home owner connections inside their house. This involved telephone also, I beleive. Seems they have found a way around that now.

Anonymous said...

I specifically asked Comcast about this a few months ago when I heard the same thing. They told me the change in February 2009 would not affect cable tv users. I specifically said so my old tv that is cable ready and I do not have a box on will work because I have cable tv through you and the operator told me Yes it will work.

I'm not saying what you are reporting is wrong Joe. I'm just saying if this is the truth, they are really screwing us because they are out and out lying to us ahead of time.

Anonymous said...

F#ck Comcast!

Anonymous said...

OK LET ME HELP YOU OUT HERE. HERE IS THE SECRET. ARE YOU READY FOLLOW CLOSE? OK YOU ARE A DIGITAL CABLE SUBSCRIBER AND YOU HAVE COMCAST ITERNET. IF YOU CACEL YOUR DIGITAL CABLE BUT KEEP THE INTERNET. THEY HAVE TO SEND THE DIGITAL SYSTEM INTO YOUR HOUSE SO YOU WILL STILL HAVE INTERNET.STILL WITH ME? THEN YOU PURCHASE A CABLE BOX FROM CIRCUT CITY (LIKE I DID)AND BOOM DIGITAL CABLE.

Anonymous said...

Somone who works at comcast told me that they could not give you internet without sending a digital signal. So if thats true no wonder they want you to believe no one box would work but there own. Makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Na. I dont believe this! That's outrageous! O. I forgot. The rich will never survive. This is because they'll run out of money when a depression hits. Believe me. I can survive with a shotgun, rifle and a lot of land with wildlife 4 food.

Anonymous said...

The cable companies are owned by the same rich elite who run the mainstream media. They are liars. They want to run algorythms on your viewing activity so they can advertise to you. Special huh? They also want to watch what you watch. They want to know which web sites you visit. Special huh? They want to brain wash your mind with chemtrails. Special huh?

Anonymous said...

satellite tv's also are capable of monitoring what you watch. version dsl can log the web sites you visit, big brother just keeps getting bigger and bigger

Anonymous said...

Nope the rich won't survive because if they take the middle class people away and put them with the poor who will carry them???? We have always carried them greedy SOB's.