Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 28, 2016

Hate crime hotline launched in Maryland

WASHINGTON — Maryland’s attorney general has established a hotline for reporting hate crimes: 866-481-8361.

The announcement follows a national spike in such crimes as vandalized churches and homes.

In a statement, Brian Frosh said that conduct motivated by such factors as a victim’s race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation and disability is already illegal. “I am committed to working with local law enforcement, state and county governments, our local school systems, higher education systems and communities to enforce these laws,” he said.

More

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We haven't seen much in the way of Hate Crime court decisions, or even police arrests and charges. What's with that?

Anonymous said...

Can i call in BLM, and the Black panthers ??

Anonymous said...

Yeaaaaaaaa riiiggggght. Dont call if you are white.

Anonymous said...

I was pulling out of Walgreens on Mt. Hermon Road last week when the WiHi students were dismissed. A young black man started yelling "F*** Trump, F*** Trump" to my face after seeing my Trump sign on my car. Then he and his girlfriend punched my side glass after I told them to move. But, if I had done the same to an Obama voter, I would have been racist.

Anonymous said...

Very good.

Anonymous said...

I will be calling everytime i hear about a thug beating a little ole white woman up.

Anonymous said...

No such thing

Anonymous said...

I would have put the thugs face through the glass.

Anonymous said...

I would have put the thugs face through the glass.

Anonymous said...

But if you call about a Black kicking the crap out of a white it is not a Hate Crime.

Anonymous said...

There would have been two oil slicks in the road. If you know what I mean lol

lmclain said...

It's only a hate crime if a WHITE person commits the act.
Anything else is just a crime.
Think about that one for a minute.

Keep cheering.