Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Helmet Camera Catches Skydiver Suffering Seizure Mid-Jump

An Australian skydiver suffering from a seizure was rescued by his jumpmaster in midair — with the entire death-defying moment caught on camera.

Christopher Jones, who has epilepsy, jumped from a plane at 12,000 feet over Western Australia and began convulsing at about 9,000 feet, the New York Post reported. The footage, shot with a helmet-mounted camera, captured the jumpmaster swooping in toward Mr. Jones to pull his ripcord.

“Possibly the scariest moment of my life,” Mr. Jones, 22, wrote in a description for the 2-minute YouTube video posted Sunday. “On the 14th of November 2014 while doing stage five of my Accelerated Free Fall program I have a near death experience. At around 9000ft I have a seizure while attempting a left hand turn. I then spend the next 30 seconds in free fall unconscious. Thankfully my jumpmaster manages to pull my ripcord at around 4000ft. I become conscious at 3000 ft and land safely back to the ground.”

More here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Darwin theory will take care of this fellow.