Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, May 04, 2012

Morning In America

That was Ronald Reagan’s 1984 reelection campaign slogan, which manipulated the voters to give Reagan a second term of deficit-spending, expanding the welfare/warfare state, and further enlarging Big Government.

Barack Obama will do similar manipulating of the masses.

For many decades it has not been "morning in America," given America’s extreme decline, economically and culturally. Many Americans today are dependent and ignorant, and more and more aspects of daily life have been politicized and centralized into an increasingly frightening and totalitarian Washington, D.C.

Many Americans are impatient, intolerant, short-sighted, self-centered, and our irresponsible, spend-happy Congress merely reflects the general population.

Last Fall’s Black Friday shopping frenzy was a clear example of what Americans have become.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nasty piece. What I remember most about the Reagan years is that as part of the working class, young - just out of high school and unable to afford college I was finally able to buy a home. Previously I just couldn't afford the 23% interest rates but I got my home loan for 8.25% It was a small starter home but earned me a profit.

Oh yeah and because the economy improved so much I got 6% cola's from 1982-1990. I actually really had hope for a better life.