Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Would You Watch An Ad To Avoid An ATM Fee?

From e-mail to broadcast TV programming, search engines to roadside billboards, consumers are accustomed to being inundated with advertisements at every turn. Typically, the tradeoff for being subjected to ads is that consumers get some sort of free or subsidized service. Could this business model also work for ATM transactions, thereby eliminating annoying $3 fees for consumers?

More


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No. I'm tired of seeing and hearing ads all the time. If I need something from a business, I know where to go to find them. One of those places is right here for local businesses.
I'm tired of having ads blasted in my ear while I pump my gas and I don't use the ATM, but if I did, that would really annoy me too!

Anonymous said...

I can see it now. Somebody goes to an ATM at night. THe commercial starts. Somebody runs up and robs them.