Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Maryland Department Of Environment Gets Scathing Audit Report

Today, the Maryland Department of the Environment’s audit report came out. It identifies major concerns with this agency.

They include paying a former employee $225,000 for “consulting” in violation of state ethics laws and also falsely telling the General Assembly that it had implemented a new computer system costing more than $7.8 million when in fact they were still using the old computer system.

http://www.ola.state.md.us/Reports/Fiscal%20Compliance/MDE11.pdf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baystat, Statestat, it's all sales accomplishments of O'Malley's brother who has been the sales rep. I personally know that the airport doesn't use it so always wondered why the state continued to purchase this stuff. Of course, they have me now paying some union money that I never did nor realized any benefits from.

Looking forward to retirement and moving out of here before Annapolis totally screws me on that too!

Anonymous said...

I have realized benefits from the union many times. That's irrelevant however. I don't know why they spent money on this audit. I could have told the legislature most of this for free. EEMS is a joke.