Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 05, 2011

$2 Trillion Sunstorm Coming, NASA Warns

Recovery time period estimated at 10 years

WASHINGTON
– The U.S. is becoming increasingly aware and concerned about the possibility within a few years of an electromagnetic pulse attack from an enemy's high-altitude nuclear explosion. The impact would include the loss of critical U.S. electrical infrastructure that could send the nation back into an 18th century agrarian economy, according to a report from Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

But experts have warned that such an attack could produce conditions more difficult than the 18th century due to the considerable increase in population and the total reliance by society on electricity and technology for life-sustaining factors, such as food production and delivery. Also hit would be transportation, medical and emergency services, telecommunications, and the economic and financial system.

Republican presidential candidate and former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Newt Gingrich, in a nationally televised presidential debate, recently declared that the potential for an EMP attack is perhaps the most serious national security threat facing the United States today.

However, there is another threat looming that is not only possible but actually forecast, and it could fry electronics and knock out the transformers in the national electric grid system.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If people could practice self-sufficiency whenever possible this may not be the shock they expect.I can go for a week at a time without my cellphone,and I practice avoiding technology dependence whenever possible.Those in my age group may not have as hard a time adjusting as younger folks.Basic TV,landline phones and pay phones were the norm.

Anonymous said...

I basically only have my cell phone for emergencies. I still have a landline phone in my home.
Yes, I would miss being on the internet, but I'd get a whole lot of other stuff done if I didn't have it anymore, like I used to do.
I believe I would be ok, to a certain point. Sure, everyone would have their hardships, but mine wouldn't be because I was addicted to today's technologies.