Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Sesame Street

On the lighter side of life, I was pleased to hear on the news this morning that sesame street will now be producing their shows with the goal of educating children in the sciences (math, health, food, etc.).   Looks like they just heard about the “magic school bus”.  There were 52 episodes of the “magic school bus” that taught the basics of every science course taught in school from “K” to the 12th grade.  In addition, the English and speech patterns were impeccable, as well as the social interaction demonstrated by the characters.  I know of several schools that use these videos almost like textbooks.  The Wicomico library had some of them at one time, but I haven’t seen them there for quite a while.  Anyone interested in the education of their children see www.scholastic.com/magicschoolbus/.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My grandson is 4 years old and loves the Magic School Bus. I would love to find some of the books for my e-reader. I read to my grandsons whenever we visit. Love this show, so much better than Sesame Street.