Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Retired Justice John Paul Stevens on His ‘Wrong’ Vote on Texas Death Penalty Case

Retired Justice John Paul Stevens is a man of few regrets from his nearly 35 years on the Supreme Court, except one – his 1976 vote to reinstate the death penalty.

“I really think that I’ve thought over a lot of cases I’ve written over the years. And I really wouldn’t want to do any one of them over…With one exception,” he told me.

“My vote in the Texas death case. And I think I do mention that in that case, I think that I came out wrong on that,” Stevens said.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah let's see this man voted repeatedly to murder innocents and now he says he voted wrong on the subject of killing those who earned it! typical liberal bs! can we abort him?

Anonymous said...

one of the lines from the article says, "In a recent Republican presidential debate there was a burst of applause after the moderator mentioned the 234 executions that occurred under Gov. Rick Perry. Stevens said he was “disappointed” when he saw that reaction."

if there is that much applause, he should consider himself right. after all, government FOR the people, right?