Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lawmakers Plan To Tinker With The Homeland Security Department

The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee yesterday marked up the DHS authorization bill, which would eliminate and consolidate some DHS offices and order improvements to acquisition, technology and personnel management. Committee Chairman Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) said some offices that were authorized years ago never materialized, while others haven't worked out properly. DHS already has an acquisition review board, but the authorization bill would legally require it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say "Hold Handle Down While Flushing"! I don't feel any more secure today than I did on Sept 10, 2011 - and I have a lot fewer freedoms!