Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Delmar Council Candidate Asks Another Candidate Tom McGuire To Cease Attacks

Mr. Mcguire,

You speak of in the interest of fairness, however, do you not feel as though this is a conflict of interest?  You have also already openly slandered other candidates currently running.  I am curious of your opinion of me because you and I have never spoken to each other.  How can you write an honest opinion if you have no idea of the subject you are writing on?  My opinion to you is that you should choose your words wisely and be prepared to defend yourself and the words you write.

I have spoken to a couple other candidates and we all seem to agree on one thing.We want to see a clean race without the mudslinging of the national politics.  When either of us acts poorly in others eyes, it not only looks bad for the person doing the action, it reflects poorly on the town and the rest of the citizens.  Our town and citizens deserve only the best, no let me correct myself, they demand only the best image that we can possibly portray to the surrounding areas.  Let's all remain the respectable community leaders that we are.  My pledge to each and everyone of you is this:  I will act in a professional manner in every way and will NOT resort to the actions that will negatively portray the town and it's citizens.
 
Have A Great Day,

Michael Gibb

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mcguire is crazy and so is his wife.

Anonymous said...

I like that Gibb guy. Seems to have a great head on his shoulders and is looking out for the best interest of the town!

Anonymous said...

I know Delmar is a small town. I don't live there nor am I familiar with the candidates. If I were a Delmar voter, however, I would be disappointed that neither of these two candidates take the time to proofread their grammar or have someone do it for them. The image of Delmar is less than fantastic and if the leader presented himself a little more polished, that may help.

The message here was appropriate but I do wish more for my neighboring town.

Anonymous said...

In the opinion of many, McGuire and his wife are slow witted, overbearing white trash. They are an embarrassment to the town of Delmar and the human race.

Julie Dilworth said...

Everyone needs to leave the McGuire's alone.

Anonymous said...

Our image is less than fantastic? Are we any less than fantastic as compared to Salisbury? Or Laurel, DE? Please, tell us where you hail from and why YOUR town IS fantastic.

Anonymous said...

McGuire = No class

Anonymous said...

I live in Salisbury. I don't claim its fantastic either! When I drive down the old town area, I imagine it was once quite charming. The high school has done a fantastic job of raising standards in the shore by way of expectations of the youth and the supreme community involvement. I think the potential for Delmar is immense. I can see how you would take offense to my comment. I apologize. I think Delmar (and any town) would do well to elect a candidate with both vision and articulate communication skills.

Anonymous said...

I received Tom's original mass email and Michael's response to it when I woke up this am. I am glad that Michael responded to Tom's emait the way he did. My time stamp shows this email was written at 1:26 am. If I was woken up at 1:26, I wouldn't be at my best either. Hail to the grammar Nazis.

Anonymous said...

Who Email who what at 1:30 am ?

Anonymous said...

3:11. I apologize for responding so defensively. I am very proud of my small town. Every community has its own problems, and Delmar is no exception.I do believe that the powers that be strive to identify and correct them. Any time I have called town hall with an issue, they have responded as quickly as they could. I do not care for Mr. McGuire. It all began almost 2 years ago when he made it known that he did not appreciate the "noise" from the impromptu parades for our State Championship Football team. The football team is just one thing that our town can be proud of and most of our residents support them. Our community is unique in and of itself because we basically have two governments which try to work together for the good of the entire town. Mr. McGuire does not grasp that concept and would rather try to pit neighbors against each other with his lies and innuendo. I hope that when people think of Delmar, they do not associate us with Mr. McGuire, as that is NOT the image we want to project. Hopefully the good voters of Delmar will recognize that as well. BTW...many of our representatives have a difficult time with spelling and grammar. They are fortunate (and wealthy) enough to have someone write their speeches. LOL.

Anonymous said...

McGuire emailed the candidates at 1:26a am. I am assuming that the writer has email come to his phone with a notification alarm which may have wakened him? I didn't get that either.