Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Gospel According to Joel Osteen: God Wants You to Be Happy

On a recent night around 37,000 people packed into U.S. Cellular Field, home of the Chicago White Sox baseball team. Only it wasn't for a game, or a rock concert. It was to hear a message from Pastor Joel Osteen. Osteen heads Lakewood Church, in Houston, the largest church in America.

"For many years, people have heard that God's mad at them -- they can't live up to the standards. But our message is about the goodness of God, and it seems just that people come alive when they realize 'God is for me. He's got a plan for my life, and I can do something great. I can be who he wants me to be,'" Osteen said in an interview with "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worship Joel Osteen's teeth

Anonymous said...

I worship his plastic hair.

Anonymous said...

he's a fraud , preaching new age BS!

Anonymous said...

"Buy his books" key phrase in the story. He says what the people want to hear to make money. God doesn't promise that everythings going to be rosey every day.

Anonymous said...

Ben Franklin agreed: "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."