Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 01, 2011

A Reader Asks

"Is it true that Gannet news including the Salisbury Daily News are outsourcing part of the business to India.  ie call in a complaint and someone from India answers."
I truly cannot answer your question. I can tell you that if you were to call Salisbury News you'll get ME and unless I'm on a very important call you'll never reach an answering machine.
Truth be told, its not easy answering every call. I'm not the kind of person that sees a call coming in and thinks, I really don't want to speak to that person right now. As a mentor taught me many years ago, what that person is telling you might not seem to be very important to you, it's the most important thing in their life at the time.
Gannett continues to forget where they came from.

3 comments:

Tidewaterbound said...

They forgot a LONG time ago

Anonymous said...

It would not surprise me in the least that Gannett is outsourcing to India. After all, they are laying people off left and right at the Daily Times.

Anonymous said...

Gannett outsources all of their ads to Indiana and they decide if they will produce the ad there or send it to Bombay India to be down. 100's of jobs across the US have been lost to this. I being one.