Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 01, 2011

Dear Salisbury Code & Compliance; I'd Like To Report Some Blight Properties

Considering I have personally been addressed by Code & Compliance for paint peeling and mold on my building, perhaps the City of Salisbury should practice what they preach!

Mold growing so thick you can barely see the roof shingles. Paint peeling so bad you can see the bare wood on every single structure. Mind you, this was NOT the case on my building, not at all. Yet the City feels the need to go after targeted people and they clearly get away with it.

You see Folks, this is the distinct difference between SBYNews and the Daily Times. We do get out there to see what's going on and we are NOT afraid to expose the truth.

So for ALL of you who are getting written up by the City for violations, (as they see them) you should bring these images in with you to show the Judge the City doesn't have ANY room to speak.

Things are so bad, people are actually ripping copper off of these buildings and selling it as scrap. Welcome to the Democrat way of HOPE.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it make it okay for someone who is not in compliance just because the City may be?

Anonymous said...

The City should lead by example before they point fingers at the citizens. That's just common sense.

oh, crap, Common sense is not what government is supposed to use...

Beezer said...

I also saw these structures - down by the Zoo. My wife and I were walking on the nature trail and my wife asked me, 'Who owns these dilapadated structures?' I informed her that it was the City of Salisbury properties. I also said that they should be cited for a nuisance violation. Let me know if you want me to file a formal complaint. These structures are so bad that they might be full of black algae and could pose a significant health risk.

Anonymous said...

I recall that, during the last city administration, one of the Council members was issued a citation for some peeling paint. Clearly visible to the code enforcer was a sign in the yard advertising the person who had contracted to do the painting! Issuing of the code violation was clearly a vindictive action on the city's part. This seems to happen often: Certain people, like Joe, are cited for retaliative purposes; in the meantime, others with much more egregious offenses are not.

John Baker said...

Joe maybe if you were not just a jerk they would cut you some slack? Just my opinion..... I know you wont post this but i am not setting up a google account to post once in a blue moon.

Joseph Albero said...

John Baker, I have no problem with Code and Compliance. In fact, I have no problem being compliant at all.

The jerk here seems to be you. You did not understand the POINT of this Post and that is, do as I say, not as I do.

It is to educate the public that while the City is writing people up for certain violations, they should have the ammo to fight back and even take the City to court for such violations.

My property is compliant. Theirs is not.

Anonymous said...

ummm - I dont think that this "pump house" should be considered on any same level as any kind of residence - therefore it really shouldnt matter what kind of shape it is in!

lmclain said...

I've said it before and will say it again. The Code & Compliance Dept is NOT a tool to keep our city "well-maintained" or "beautiful". It is a racist and vindictive organization used to legally attempt to silence and harrass and intimidate certain people and businesses. Cross some people in this county and the next thing ya know, your house or your business seems to get a daily "once-over", while some SECTIONS of town don't seem to have ANY violations, when, if you closed your eyes for 10 minutes and reopened them, you'd think you got dropped off in some ghetto neighborhood in Trenton, N.J..