Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Geithner Out Corzine In?

We had the story about a month ago regarding the future of TSec Tim Geithner. The suggestion was that post a debt ceiling deal good old Tim would be out of a job. That might be in the works.

I’m not sure who to blame for the fiasco in DC the past few weeks. I think a lot of folks have their hands dirty in this mess. But certainly Geithner deserves his share of the blame. Tim is also a vestige from another era. He is as responsible as anyone for TARP. The case for sending him packing is pretty strong.

The question is when, and who will replace him. I found something in a bond offering that gives a clue. I’ve not seen this kind of language before. I think it tells us where this is headed.

More

No comments: