Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Ever Feel Like Your Phone Vibrated Only To Find It Didn't?


You might laugh, but do you find yourself reaching for a vibrating phone in your pocket, only to discover that it's not there? I've come across this so often that I've come to call it Phantom Vibration Syndrome. Think about it: How many times have you checked your phone today for messages, despite no sign or signal that there's one waiting in the inbox?

What's going on in your brain that leads you to think that a message came through without you noticing it? Or, worse still, what makes you think that that the messages will somehow flow in faster if you check your phone more frequently?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

0 times - my phone is in my purse, taken out only to recharge. It is for my use only in case I have an emergency. Amazing how many phone calls and voice mails I receive between recharges. All must be errors or ads as no one has my phone #. You need to contact me call my home # and leave a message if I am not there to answer it.