Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Twitter Revolt: Online Anger At Deficit Standoff



"So I was angry," said Jeff Jarvis, a prominent blogger who went onTwitter after watching Congress's failure to make a deal on the budget deficit. He vented a little, and perhaps helped start something.
 
"I had no grand design on a revolution," he insisted. "I just wanted to get that off my chest. That's what Twitter is for: offloading chests. Some people responded and retweeted, which pushed me to keep going, suggesting a chant: 'F*** YOU WASHINGTON.'"
Word spread, as one person after another "retweeted" Jarvis' message on Saturday evening. By midnight, according the traffic-tracking websiteTrendistic, slightly over one tenth of a percent of all the tweets on Twitter included the phrase "#F***YouWashington."

More

No comments: