Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Habitat for Humanity Dedicates St. Michaels Home

Habitat for Humanity Choptank's house dedication ceremony Saturday morning proved once again that every affordable home the organization establishes is much more than simply a house.

"It's an example of what a community can do when it pulls together to achieve a common cause," said Steve Clineburg, board president of Habitat Choptank, to an audience of more than 40 people, who each, in some way, helped make the house a reality. "Speaking as a St. Michaels resident myself, I'm very proud of what our community has done and I'm hoping it can be repeated many times."

The quaint, cream-colored house, which sits along the nicely-shaded Brooks Lane, was dedicated to its new occupants Lori Whitehead, her two children, Becca and Robert; and, the most recent addition to their family, an American husky named Roxy.

"You don't realize what a difference you've made. I never thought I'd be able to afford to live here in a house of my own," Whitehead said, with a slight tremble in her voice and tears welling in her eyes. "A great big thank you to everybody involved, not just in my house build, but every Habitat house."

READ MORE …

No comments: