Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

NY Court Says Strip Club's Lap Dances Are Taxable

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Getting a lap dance isn't the same as taking in a ballet, so an alcohol-free strip club will have to pay the tax man, a New York state court has ruled.

Four Appellate Division justices agreed with a state tax appeals commission's earlier finding that dances onstage or in private rooms at the club Nite Moves in suburban Albany don't qualify for a state tax exemption as "dramatic or musical arts performances."

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, there's an idea for the Maryland legislators. I wonder if they've thought of that. They haven't left too many stones unturned.

Anonymous said...

booty tax!

Anonymous said...

I fail to see the logic.

When getting the lap dance, there's music going on.

When I get home, my wife will give me drama.

Sounds like it's worthy of an exemption to me.

Anonymous said...

When I get home, my wife will give me drama.

She should put a frying pan upside your disgusting head.