Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Facebook

Dear Joe

Back in 1966, when I first ran for the Maryland House of Delegates, there was no Facebook, no Twitter, no YouTube—not even the Internet. All we had to get our message out were yard signs, fliers, volunteers and a whole lot of determination.

But while the way we communicate has changed a lot, my dedication to improving the lives of the people of Maryland hasn’t.

As I begin the process of building my campaign for the upcoming election, I’m embracing these new modes of communication to keep you better informed and plugged into our entire online community.

I hope you’ll visit my new Facebook page over the coming months and take a look at the latest news, photos and videos from the campaign trail. While this is a new step for me, I know it’ll be a great way for us to stay in better touch.

Click here to visit me on Facebook today!


I first ran for the U.S. Senate because I wanted to help bring quality affordable health care to all Americans, fight against the privatization of Social Security and Medicare, and create more jobs for the people who need them.

We've made great strides in all of these areas, but there’s still so much more to do. We need to make sure that our children and grandchildren don’t end up footing the bill for our reckless spending. We must provide our children with a high-quality education that prepares them for work and life.

The good news is that we now have so many new, exciting tools at our disposal to accomplish these goals and win support for the things we care about. I hope you’ll join me in this fight by connecting with me on Facebook today.

It’s going to be a long, tough campaign. But with you by my side—both online and on the campaign trail—I know we’ll succeed.

Sincerely,
Ben Cardin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice work on the jobs front ben!
McDonalds has been on a hiring spree!

Anonymous said...

Yep! A lot more means of communications these days. That in itself should convince the voters that it's time for a change of thinking in the Senate and it's time for you to look for another profession. Congress has maintained the lowest approval rating in history. Why would we want MORE of what they have done for us. We replaced a lot of old faces in 2010. Hopefully, we'll continue that in 2012 and put more focus on education and jobs for Americans, not visitors here on work VISAs.

Anonymous said...

Ben do Maryland a big favor and retire!! Thank You

Anonymous said...

We don't need a House of Lords like they have in the UK. We've got the US Senate. Should we address Mr. Cardin as "m'lord" or just bow?

Anonymous said...

I just saw the Weiner photo on the gawker website. This is what our sitting Congress finds to do in representing our people? I never thought I would see the day when I would need to worry about protecting my kids from the sexual predators on internet who turn out to be our Congressmen. There should be zero tolerance from other members of Congress and Weiner should be required to register as a sex offender!

What is Cardin's position on this?