Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Comments On The Daily Times States Attorney Article

Isn't it interesting how people hiding behind anonymous and fictitious names make comments stating:

"Joe should not be on this panal simply because he is biased and admits that he supports Ruark."

"Shame on the Wicomico Neighborhood Congress for inviting a criminal - Joe Albero"

"It's ok if some want to visit this criminals website every day for rumor/lies/innuendo/cyberbullying and everything else. He's powerful, for sure. But he's also a liar and a criminal."

"Why would a cyberbully with only a high school education be on this panel, where there are far more educated panelists available?"

"The Daily Times forgot to mention that Albero is a resident of Delmar, DE. He doesn't even live in MD."

I posted this comment.

"Let's get a few things straight. First of all, I have never been convicted of any crime. Secondly, I have never stated I support one candidate over the other for States Attorney. The only rumors and lies come from those who hide behind anonymous and fictitious names. My office is in Downtown Salisbury. I also pay taxes on 16 properties in Wicomico County. Where were you complaining when I was traveling to Annapolis fighting to increase the sex offender laws and SUCCESSFUL at it too? HIDING, that's where."

Joe Albero and Salisbury News have done more for this community than any other source out there. I have fought many a battles against the former Mayor, former Chief of Police, former Zoo Director and even the former Warden. Sure, they filed charges against me but like I said above, I have never been convicted of anything.

There are some that want to make claim against my being removed from the Salisbury Zoo. Well, let's, (once again) set the record straight once and for all on that. I was NEVER removed. I volunteered to stay out of the Zoo IF the Zoo Director agreed to 6 changes I wanted enforced at the Zoo. They couldn't win and they knew it. They agreed to follow those guidelines and a certain Official, (in which I trust) agreed to make sure these 6 items were enforced daily.

It was a win/win for both parties. My beef with the Zoo was not Jim Rapp vs. Joe Albero. It was about the welfare of the animals at the Zoo, who were dying by the hundreds. The former Mayor chose to pound their chest stating I had finally been removed. Well, more importantly, we took the high road knowing we had finally WON. Ultimately that Director was removed and the Zoo is now in much better hands.

As for this Forum tomorrow night, I highly doubt anyone will ask the kind of question I will. We have PROVEN in 37 candidate interviews we have done so with class and without bias. Tomorrow night will be no different. Let me also say this. Our interviews are not done. We have scheduled interviews that will blow away the Television MSM after the primary. I know, not hard to do since they haven't really done any.

Our growth is proven. Our local readership is larger than anyone out there. We have been dedicated for the past 6 years to deliver you breaking news and investigative reporting. You can try to take my comment off the Daily Times Website, (like you always do) but it is here for all to see and you cannot take it away from this Website.

Embrace and accept who Joe Albero and Salisbury News have become. We're not going anywhere and that's a promise I made some 5 years ago. Just look at who's still around and who's not.

UPDATE: The Daily Times has in fact removed my reply comment, as usual.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make a pretty good argument in your defense Joe. Strictly as constructive criticism though - IMO, you're way too brash and rarely admit you're wrong (even when evidence is given). You have not come out and SAID/WRITTEN the candidates in which you support. However, the tone in which some of your stories are written tell the tale (most of the time).
I've been in politics before. IMO again, folks like you, though the intent is good, tend to cause more division than cohesiveness. Things can be accomplished with discussions rather than poking and prodding. Although I have not been with you long (10 months), I cannot recall one time that you have been sympathetic to a different idea, nor have I seen you meet anyone halfway on any issues. Maybe you feel that you do not need to meet anyone halfway and of course that is certainly your right as an individual.
I very often agree with your ideas and stances on most issues, but very rarely agree with your tactics in accomplishing these ideals. I humbly ask that you tone down when "attacking" your "opponents". Thanks for the space and I do appreciate your blog.

~Daily Reader~

Anonymous said...

I love how you rebut each quote point by point with direct and definitive explanations. Folks can love or hate you, but there is no denying that more of the news Salisbury wants to know comes from your site over any other. Even the people who hate you clearly read your blog because they are constantly commenting.
Since when do you have to have a bachelors degree to have a voice and a say in the way things are done in the place you live?? The working class makes up the majority and keeps the community running.

Anonymous said...

Joe, that's Mike Dunn and some of Taylor's buddies. I did not know the arrangement you made with the zoo. I'm very proud of you.

Anonymous said...

careful you not hurting your hand or your back too much Joe by vigoriously slapping yourself on the back. Your support for Davis is welldocumented and you were slamming Vincent just before his death. LOL - neutral? I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

There are hundreds of animals at the Zoo? Must have missed them during the 10 minute walk through.

J.Albero said...

Sam Vincent is no longer in the running. Try again.

Anonymous said...

Joe at least fights for his community. The Daily Times is a bigger joke then ever when it comes to reporting anything outside of SAlisbury's city limits. I know some other bloggers who have brash opinions and complain but accomplish nothing (Cough, cough POCOMOKE TATTLER). I am glad to read your articles each day because love or hate Joe he isnt going to pull any punches. He is going to tell you exactly how he feels at that exact momnet and that is all you can ask for. And I another question for the idiot who asked if more educated candidates were available, did you know Geroge W. Bush graduated from Yale and got his business degree at Harvard ? Yea a ton of good that did us...

J.Albero said...

anonymous 3:53, there were more than 500 species of animals at the Zoo when Jim Eapp first started.

By the time I had PROVEN to the Mayor there were less than 200, NONE of the MSM were willing to walk the Zoo to count less than 150 animals left. Rapp kept lying to the Press, feeding them numbers that just wasn't true. One week after the other his numbers continued to drop. That is why they were so desperate to get me out of the Zoo.

The former Veterinarian stated, he must be counting ants and cockroaches.

Thousands of animals had died of avian tb and Rapp refused to do what other Zoo's and Zookeepers recommended in order to get conreol of the disease, therefore many more animals continued to die.

We have all the necropsy reports for hundreds of those dead animals and in some cases animals in small exhibits had been dead for so long their bodies were mumified and couldn't even get necropsied.

Now image how small many of thjose exhibits are and the animals were dead for so long, NONE of the Zookeepers noticed they were dead.

The Zoo was poorly run at that time and Rapp couldn't care less and that was proven in my final weeks there when we found something like 13 dead animals in 15 days. We tried warning them of it but Rapp IGNORED it and the animals just kept dying and I took pictures of them day after day.

As Salisbury News continued to grow, the former Mayor knew they had to do something, (ANYTHING) to get me out of there. Mind you, it was more important to get me removed than it was to take proper care of the animals and that's a FACT.

That is what mainly started Salisbury News and here we are today.

Chimera said...

Maybe they should make sure they can spell a simple word like "panel" before they throw stones at someone else.......

Anonymous said...

Joe and I talked about this the other day. They want Joe on the panel to get free press AND to sway his opinion. The same as with him being on the Chamber. They want to manipulate him and he won't allow it. He won't compromise his integrity and he can't be bought or sold. What will they try next?

Anonymous said...

I ofen wondered about the Zoo problem. I didn't know what had happened or why you left. It's all a Political Mess---the ole "Hush, Hush", move them out quietly so no one knows the facts!!!" Of course they didn't want you talking----little did they know You weren't going to shut you up!!!

Thanks Joe for your exposure of the the Truth-----your push, your drive your determination to get the Real story to the people---It's appreciated & valued! EW

Anonymous said...

The last time they did this crap we all went and reported the other comments to have them removed.....I just did it again. Maybe everyone els will join me. Lets show the Daily slime fair should be fair.

Anonymous said...

Rush Limbaugh, Shawn Hannity, and Glen Beck do not have college educations either. Common sense means a lot more than a piece of paper called a degree. Having said that I do agree with what many have said in that Joe is way to close to Ruark to be a part of this panel. I know for a fact that many of my negative comments about Ruark have not been posted and much worse comments have been posted about other politicians on this site. In order to be fair I would suggest treating all politicians the same or just come out and admit that one is favored over the other.

J.Albero said...

anonymous 9:37, I strongly recommend that you show up tomorrow night and see for yourself that I will show NO BIAS to any candidate, including Davis Ruark.

The reason I have been invited is to ask the tough questions. The ones YOU and everyone else want to hear.

In the past, if you've listened to WBOC or WMDT when Lewis or Ruark held Press Conferences you would have noticed that "I" asked most of the questions and "I" was the ONLY one that asked the tough questions.

Friendship is friendship and business is business. Fortunately for those men they understand the difference between the two and respect me for doing so. They may not like it but they accept it.

Again, show up tomorrow and you'll see for yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,
What dentist do you go to? Maybe some of these people need teeth like yours to bite into some of the things you have done over the years. You might want to check with your dentist to see if he could handle all the new patients he might get. Oh that's right these people don't want teeth to bite into the problems they just want to criticize you. Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

I'm 221pm writing in again...

Remember people, there is more than just Joe on that panel. I agree that Joe would be a conflict of interest if he was a jury member trying to convict Ruark. However, this is a simple question and answer panel. Look at the other members - they are the ones to be concerned with. I believe the panel is relatively balanced and I dont think any questions will be missed nor will any questions be "softballed".

Anonymous said...

Joe on the Chamber? What chamber? When did this happen? I have been asleep at the wheel.