Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A Brooke Mulford Update


Hello everybody, it’s me Brookie!

It has been such a very long time since I got on the computer to say hi to you all. Today I just felt like I had to tell everyone how wonderful I am doing. I have been playing really hard and been doing my share of Easter Egg hunts. I am quite the Easter Egg finder. I just knew this would be the best Easter ever and it was. I feel so much better than last year. Earlier in the week I was outside playing and I fell down and scraped my knee, it was my first injury in a very long time due to playing. It hurt so much worse than all those treatments and procedures I’ve been getting for so long. (not really, but you would of thought so) It was a very happy boo boo! I have also been enjoying taking a bath, it is just so wonderful to lay in the water and play with all my toys, now that I have my tubies out! Mommy just can’t get me out of the water. I have also been eating like no bodies business, and I enjoy everything especially the guacamole chicken Mommy makes for me. I enjoy getting up early in the morning to go downstairs and wake up Daddy after he has had only a couple hours of sleep; well not every morning if I manage to con Mommy into something so I can stay up later, he he he! The big news is I am really looking forward this week to going back to school and see all my friends, it has been such a very very very long time! I am so excited, but I think Mommy is going to have a very hard time. Ahh, don’t cry Mommy because I am going to miss you so very very much. It’s been you and me for the last year and a half every single day and I think this will be harder than I can imagine. Today was so special, because I spent Easter with Mommy, Daddy, Dr. Dave and Miss Liz at Market Street. It was one of the funest times I had last year before I had to be sheltered from the public for precautionary reasons after my transplants. I wore everyone out looking for eggs last year and you know what? I did it again this year! That Easter bunny sure put a lot of eggs everywhere! (Thanks Megan you did a great job with the eggs) Then I was hungry, and I ate all the scallops from the scallop special Mr. Joel made along with some bread, squash and specially prepared cauliflower. Then I spoke right up and told the waiter I would have the strawberry shortcake, but wait then I had some of Miss Liz’s Coconut Smith Island cake as well. Boy was I full! I then ran around for awhile before leaving to go home and go sound asleep, after watching my new Snoopy video with Mommy that was in that special Easter basket. Well I need to go and rest up for my very big week. Thank you to everyone who has been with me thru this……..Brookie



Everyone in shock? I am really sorry it has been a very long time since I have posted anything or gave a Brookie update. Today was that day where I just had to say what a blessing and a miracle that our family has been a part of and been thru. Things have been very stressful and difficult due to the economy as they have been for everybody and work is 7 days a week and very long hours just to survive. Even on a Sunday you can tell by the time I am just getting the time to write this. The thing that keeps me going is that I am healthy, I can’t complain when I look at Brooke and all that matters is her. Also keeping in mind all the other children who suffer from things children should not have to suffer from and all the disasters that have happened around the world as of late. To watch Brooke getting to act like a little girl again and getting to go back to school is just an emotion that can not be put into words. I just had to share with everyone the heartfelt joy of happiness as you all have been there with us in the worst of times and everyone deserves to be a part of the joyous times. So, on this Easter Sunday from our family to yours, thank you all so much for all that you have done and keeping us in your thoughts and prayers and lifting Brooke up in prayer when she needed it most. Those prayers from Salisbury to around the world have been heard and while there is still procedures to be done and the BEAST is ever present for now compared to this time last year there is tears of joy to be had by all! God bless you all! Rob

PS. Please all keep Wayne Bailey a classmate of Brooke's in your prayers as you have Brooke as he goes down this long journey of battling Neuroblastoma.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless you all.

Anonymous said...

Pain is momentary and laughter is forever :) Brookie, I am so happy for you and your family. May God keep blessing all of you.

Wayne,our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Brooke is feeling better. I hope she continues to get better. Thank You for keeping us updated. I will keep Wayne in our prayers.

JB said...

I've been following this story & my heart goes out to you all. I admire the way you've faced this disease head-on, with dignity and grace & even a little humor when possible. I doubt I'd be so courageous.

Anonymous said...

Liz is awesome. Glad you guys had a great Easter!