Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Get Ready To Quit Smoking For Good!

(Salisbury, MD) The Wicomico County Health Department is now offering FREE education and peer support sessions to help individuals quit smoking for good. Take advantage of LOW COST medications such as Patches, Zyban and Chantix. Come and benefit from the expertise of a trained smoking cessation facilitator who will assist you in your quit process. Classes will be held for 10 Wednesday evenings from 5:00pm - 6:00 pm at the Wicomico County Library, Room 4. Sessions begin April 7th and run through June 9th. Don’t wait! Call 410-334-3480 today to register! Come check us out – you deserve it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Whooooaaaaa!

Maryland depends on the tax revenue from smokers.

Anonymous said...

I'll drink to this?

Anonymous said...

I wonder, do the " low cost's" apply to those who work and NOT on medical assistance and have regular insurance or are they only available to low income people?

Anonymous said...

Chantix has the potential for very, very bad pyschologial effects such as depression and suicidal tendencies in some people taking it. very little research has been done. proceed with caution!

Unknown said...

I smoked practically since I landed on this planet. I've lived through the period of an ashtray on your desk to "smoking rooms' then on to outside. One day, the person I worked for dropped an article on my desk entitled "Quit smoking through hypnosis" and added, he'd pay for the seminar if I joined him with this. The plan was to meet in the Holiday Inn Lounge hosting the event where we could down some quick drinks and chain-smoke for the courage we needed. I arrived to find my boss standing in parking lot who informed me that the Bar no longer existed. This was it! Well, I sat through the session refusing to toss my fresh, unopened pack on the floor during the final pitch. At the final conclusion, something magical happened. My boss "added to the agreement' that, if I started smoking again within 30 days, I had to pay him back. Well, that sealed overcoming the habit problem as well as the gagging I went through afterwards (in addition to a chest cold). I swore I would NEVER put my body through this level of torture again and I did not. The person who payed for my session? He restarted his smoking within 30 days and still puffs.

Sometimes the relief comes from the most unlikely sources and reasons. You CAN quit though even without drugs.