Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Mikulski's Response To Global Warming vs The Economy

Dear Mr. Bullard:

Thank you for getting in touch with me about a cap and trade system to reduce global warming pollution. It's good to hear from you.

I appreciate hearing of your opposition to the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 (H.R. 2454) and the Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act. H.R. 2454 has passed the House of Representatives. The Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act (S. 1733) was passed by the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works on November 5, 2009. Both of these bills would establish a cap and trade system to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

I agree that Congress must consider the impact of this legislation on our economy and on American jobs. America's dependence on foreign oil and global warming must be addressed in a way that strengthens our economy.

Knowing of your views and concerns will be helpful as the Senate addresses the issue of climate change.

Thanks once again for writing. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,
Barbara A. Mikulski
United States Senator

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

These types of letters are all form letters. I wrote a letter to a representative and got a reply back that wasn't even germane to the topic I addressed in my letter. Any time I have contacted Mikulski's office I have met indifference on the part of her staff.

Anonymous said...

Vote Rutledge!

Anonymous said...

Translation?

You chicken fried ignorant morons can't touch me

I am protected by the only voting block more stupid than you people.

Concerned Retiree said...

recieved identical letter when I contacted her office week after Christmas wishing her a Happy New Year and listed a few of the screwings her votes gave the Tax Payer in 2009. She is a true BLUE idiot that never answers you whether you email her or use her virtual office. Perfect example of TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION

Anonymous said...

I have written several letters to Milkulski and I get the same format letter back that really says, "stop telling me your opinion, I don't care". She and Cardin have to go. Maybe they will not run for re-election when their current terms expire like the 3 other Dems who just announced. Or am I just dreaming?

Anonymous said...

There is No global warming. Period. And Barbara, you're fired.

Anonymous said...

Translation: You're f@$%&d, because I'm going to bow down in orgasmic rapture and vote for whatever His High Holiness President Obama wants me to vote for. You see, he knows better than you do what's good for you, and the sooner you realize that the better off we'll all be.

P.S. Lube and condoms for the screwing you're about to get are not covered.

Anonymous said...

Translation:


Blah blah blah blah blah- yada yada yada-we're going to pass it and screw you with taxes and control- blah blah blah.

Anonymous said...

Word for word like the one I got for the same opposition to this idiotic legislation. They don't listen to us. The only thing they will understand is not pulling their lever on election day. THROW ALL OF THESE BUMS OUT IN 2010. It's the only chance we have to survive this left wing, communist takeover of our government.

Anonymous said...

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
plato

Anonymous said...

WE GET WHAT WE LET HAPPEN! THATS OUR NATURE. Do we loose wieght before or after the heart attack? How do we get her out is the question. That is obviose! Talk to peaple. Find out where people get thier information from.
If they don't whatch Fox ask them to just watch 2 shows a week. Then talk to them each week. I try to watch MSNBC a few times just to see what other points of view are. There is a mis trust developing now towards the left.It is time to act before it is to late. Please talk to everyone you know all day long!