Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 16, 2009

A Trying Day Today

Today starts the beginning of the end. My Mother's viewing will be today in Gambrills. Saturday will be the Mass in Bowie, then we're off to New York for the burial on Monday. So for the next few days we'll be back to slower Posts and then back to normal next week. Thanks for sticking with us during these times. I can tell you that we have not slacked one little bit traffic wise and amazingly the comments have been soaring each day. Wednesday we had 474 comments in one day and 400 comments yesterday, unbelievable!

I want to thank ALL of you for showing your support, understanding and kind wishes. Hopefully some time soon I'll find the time to share just how special my Mother truly was.

When I heard how many plates, forks, knives and so forth were needed for the gathering after the Mass I couldn't believe what was requested. My Mother's Church stepped in and said, don't buy a single thing, we're taking care of it all, including the food. She was loved by many thousands of people, all of which will be a pleasure to meet starting today.

Again, thanks for understanding and things will be back to normal soon enough.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Mother is smiling down on you and your family. Over the next few days she'll see with her own eye how loved she was and what her life meant to those who knew her.

Anonymous said...

Joe~There is a reason for the big raindrops today. The Eastern shore is crying for you on this day.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Joe, Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

We are still with you Joe. The next few days will be very hard on you and I pray you will remember the peace your mom is in now.
I look forward to reading about how special your mom is to you.

Anonymous said...

Joe, this will be an emotional time for you; and the people that will be there for you will bring you joy in your Mom's life. I can only echo the above comments. I especially like the sentiments of 10:17 and 10:57. We are all praying for you and celebrating the admirable contributions your mom made in her time here.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I know that there is no one in the whole world like a mother. I am blessed to still have mine. You are in my thoughts and prayers because I know one day I will face what you are facing right now. Please accept my wish to comfort you. All that you are has been influenced by that special lady who is Mom. Peace be with you brother. LT

Chimera said...

I am so sorry for your loss and hope that it is a peaceful weekend for you and your family.

Tundra Tom said...

Sorry for your loss Joe

Anonymous said...

May God bless you all.

Anonymous said...

awww Joe i'm so sorry for your loss.....its hard...hang in there, you have a lot of prayer going your way!