Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Fatal Motorcycle Crash Closes I-495

Wilmington: Last evening’s fatal crash on I-495 is outlined below.

A 2007 Toyota Camry, operated by Courtney Loftur, 30, of Berlin, New Jersey, was traveling in the center lane of I-495 northbound and was just north of the on-ramp from Edgemoor Road.

A 2008 Kawasaki Ninja, operated by Brian Loubon, of Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania, was traveling on I-495 northbound with a pack of motorcycles. This motorcycle was reportedly traveling at a high rate of speed and weaving in and out of traffic.

As the Kawasaki was attempting to move from the left lane and towards the right lane, presumably to follow another motorcycle, it rear ended the Toyota. Mr. Loubon was ejected from the bike and slammed into the rear window of the Toyota. He and the bike then tumbled along the roadway until they came to a stop.

Just prior to the crash it should be noted that, the State Police Dispatch Center, RECOM, issued a general radio broadcast advising patrol officers on I-495 to be on the lookout for a group of motorcycles traveling on I-495 southbound at a high rate of speed.

This crash remains under investigation and no charges have been filed.

1 comment:

In the Slow Lane said...

I expect to hear this news any day in Salisbury. I frequently see these suicidal riders on the by-pass and on Rt 50 east and west of town. I just hope they don't take anybody else with them when they decide to paint a red stripe down the highway. No ambulance needed - just bring a shovel