Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Special Letter From Bailey, Brooke's "Water" Dog


Dear Brookie:

I am so sad that you had to leave me after we were having such a great week together, but I understand. It sounds like your counts are slowly rising and that is a good thing. I can’t wait to see you again. Until then, don’t worry about me. I am having a wonderful visit! Like just this morning, Miss Liz let me out for get some fresh air and boy did I have fun. When I ran up to the door to be let in, well, you should have seen the look on Miss Liz’s face. I was sopping wet! Dripping wet! Miss Liz forgot that they sprinkler system was turned on for Wednesday, and boy oh boy, do I LOVE water. She took me right to the garage for the rubdown. I just love playing with the towels and biting them while I get dried off. It is so much fun! I LOVE this game. Boy, oh, boy, do I hope that sprinkler system turns on tomorrow morning.

Then this afternoon, when Miss Liz got home from golfing and let me out to play while she got her clubs out of the car I worked on another project. I was so excited to show her my newest project in the backyard! It is a huge hole and if you walk up to it and look way down into it and say “Ni Hao” someone will say “Ni Hao” back to you. In case you are wondering “Ni Hao” is hello in Chinese. Yes, that is how deep the hole is. This afternoon, the landscapers came over to work on beds. I tried to help but I think I mostly scared them. But tomorrow is going to be really fun, as the mulch arrives. I can hardly wait! Mulch: It’s What’s for Dinner!

Well, I would write so much more, but Miss Liz is worried about me getting repetitive paw syndrome so I am going to sign off. I just want to tell you again how much I miss you. Be a good little girl Brooke, do what the doctors ask so that you can get better and come home to me: Bailey, the hot diggity dog (with the emphasis on the diggity part!). You are being so brave, you are my hero.

Bailey "water" dog

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute!! What a great post, Joe.

Anonymous said...

Brooke,

I hope your feeling better as each day passes. You need to come home soon before Bailey takes up gardening as a hobby. On the other hand, he's staying busy until you return to him.

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joe for posting this. What a great letter from the dog. Brooke you hang in there. We are all praying for you here. Keep your chin up. Bailey, hope you have a great day digging in the garden with the landscapers.

Anonymous said...

Too cute. As a dog owner myself I can certainly relate to Bailey's adventures.

Brooke, Amy and Rob (and Bailey) we are praying for you.

Thanks Joe for posting a little sunshine today.