Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Only In Texas!

A TRUE STORY FROM...
"THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER" IN HOUSTON, TEXAS
MARCH 5th, 2009

Last Thursday Night Around Midnight, A Woman From Houston, Texas Was Arrested, Jailed, And Charged With Manslaughter For Shooting A Man 6 Times In The Back As He Was Running Away With Her Purse..

The Following Monday Morning, The Woman Was Called In Front Of The Arraignment Judge, Sworn In, And Asked To Explain Her Actions. The Woman Replied, "I Was Standing At The Corner Bus Stop For About 15 Minutes, Waiting For The Bus To Take Me Home After Work. I Am A Waitress At A Local Cafe... I Was There Alone, So I Had My Right Hand On My Pistol, That Was In My Purse, That Was Hung Over My Left Shoulder. All Of A Sudden I Was Being Spun Around Hard To My Left. As I Caught My Balance, I Saw A Man Running Away From Me With My Purse. Looked Down At My Right Hand And I Saw That My Fingers Were Wrapped Tightly Around My Pistol. The Next Thing I KNOW IS THAT I'M Saying Out Loud, "No Way Punk! Your Not Stealing My Pay Check And Tips." I Raised My Right Hand, Pointed My Pistol At The Man Running Away From Me With My Purse, And Squeezed The Trigger Of My Pistol 6 Times! When Asked By The Arraignment Judge, "Why Did You Shoot The Man 6 Times? The Woman Replied Under Oath, "Because, When I Pulled The Trigger My Pistol The 7th Time, It Only Went Click.." The Woman Was Acquitted Of All Charges. And She Was Back At Work, At The Cafe, The Next Day!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...That is what you call street justice. She should be glad she dosen t live in the state of MD.

Anonymous said...

Revolvers do have their limitations, capacity wise.

Two Sentz said...

Why is every word Capitalized? Weird.

Anonymous said...

The whole story is weird, she was back to work the next day...and she was acquitted for shooting someone in the back, I wonder if the guy lived.

Anonymous said...

This is not justice. Theft is a serious crime but so is shooting a man in the back 6 times. Punishment does not fit the crime and there is no room in society for any vigilantism. How can one applaud such careless actions?

Anonymous said...

1:20 it's time these low lifes started to realize that the price to pay for commiting crimes is real. Not some day in court in front of Judge Davis where every sentence is a joke. This ass**le will never steal again.

Anonymous said...

1:20 you are a typical gun control liberal pu$$y. Suppose it was your mother/sister/daughter ??? Maybe this woman lived day-to-day off her earnings?? I guarantee if she had called the cops it would have gone in the unsolved catagory and she would have been scrambling to make up for the stolen money!!! Thanks Joe, this is a great DRT (dead right there) story.

Anonymous said...

Try it in Maryland.
First ,carrying a consealed weapon, a consealed wepon on a bus. felony.
First degree murder. felony
She was waiting to get on a bus , cant afford a car,but has a gun to kill with just to save how much.
Bus fare?
Hell we should kill everyone , why have jails at tax payer expense.
If you spit on the side walk the law should be , field execution.
We need only one law, Kill if in doubt, even if you think someone did something kill them.
Then most of you will be happy , unless someone kills you.

Anonymous said...

This is horrifying! Since when have we reinstituted martial law? There are criteria to be met in order to sentence anyone capital punishment. Is one above the law if he may lose a couple hundred dollars (or any amount)? Why did this righteous woman carry her money in her purse if she was so afraid of predators? Does she have pockets? This is an arrogant injustice.

Unknown said...

So, you think that stealing other peoples property is OK? If this is true then it should happen more often to theifs!

Anonymous said...

If you did a little research you would find this is nothing but a story with no facts to back it up. There is no such newspaper in Houston, Texas, although there is a Houston Herald paper in Texas County, Missouri (Brad Gentry, the publisher stated it never occurred there). Anyone who has ever read a newspaper article should be able to tell from the way this article is written that it isn't real.