Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 11, 2009

The Daily Times Has Pushed My Last Button


On April 29, 2009, the Daily Times ran an article about my winning the lawsuit against former Mayor Barrie Tilghman. In the article they implied that I settled out of Court with Chief Webster, who was suing me for $9,999.00 .


I made immediate contact with Greg Bassett and expressed my anger for implying Chief Webster had received a PENNY from me, in which he did NOT.


Greg Bassett stated that he was never informed what the exact settlement was from Chief Webster as he had no comment. I said, well Greg, there are two parties involved and I am on record for releasing a Press Release stating "Both parties had settled their differences ON NON MONETARY TERMS."


While I posted yesterday's Daily Times article that was their on line version, even after the talk I had with Greg Bassett on the 29th, the Daily Times once again implied I had settled with Chief Webster for $9,999.00.


The Daily Times purposely LIED to the Public. Their traditional way to correct such a problem, (should they actually offer to do so) is to say, we'll correct it in our On Line version. No Greg, that's not good enough this time. They do this because they know not that many people go to their on line version and it helps them save face from their print edition.


I will seek the advice of my Legal Council and see where to take it from here. Clearly they want to imply another story that has nothing to do with the facts. Enough is Enough.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whaaaah Whaaaah Whaaaaah. If you dish it out Joe, you better be able to take it. Nuf said.

Anonymous said...

They'll just bury it where nobody will look.

joealbero said...

anonymous 9:14, I don't lie. There's the difference.

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em Joe!
I'm SO sick of Daily Times publishing incorrect information on purpose!
I too, have had to call and "correct" things they ran in the past with them, but not ONCE did they ever print a retraction or correction in any form!

Anonymous said...

I am sure they would be more than willing to print a nice long letter to the editor from you Joe, to set the record straight.

Anonymous said...

Don't expect them to get anything right. I cancelled my paper 2 months ago. I received a letter from them last week that informed me the reason I have not been receiving my paper is because I have not paid.

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe,

fyi Posting half truths, unsubstatiated rumors, bs talking points, anything from Fox News or anything from World Net Daily is the same as lying. There have been plenty of lies posted by you in your blog. Like I said.....get over it.

Anonymous said...

as someone who was misquoted (although in a small way)in the online version of their paper regarding something that was said during a tea party I sincerely hope that Joe Albero uses the legal system to extract a behavioral change from the DT.

Anonymous said...

Ithink 9:14 and 11:37 are the same person, since both comments are against Joe. It could even be Greg Bassett himself. That paper he edits is absolutely worthless and that makes him the same!

Anonymous said...

Anon 11:37
You just don't get it do you!?
A newspaper should be printing accurate information and not "half truths", "ubstatiantiated rumours", "bs talking points, etc, etc, etc.
When you go to a blog, you EXPECT it to be opinionated and whatever the blog owner wants it to be, after all, you're not paying for it!
Keep reading that Yellow Journalistic piece of trash they call the Daily Times!

Anonymous said...

An opinion isn't exactly the same as an out and out lie.

Anonymous said...

They misquote people all the time. If not out and out misquote they
don't always print a quote in it's entirety.

That is lazy sleazy journalism.

Anonymous said...

Go Get Em JOE! Why can't anyone put an END TO THE CORRUPTION???