Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Frank & Barbara LIVE In Salisbury






START SPREADING THE NEWS!

No, not Frank Sinatra and Barbara Streisand! Our local Politicians. I'll let GA Harrison cover the beef of the event. However, I'd like to give my side of my participation towards this event and the questions I asked directly to Frank.

When they finished their initial speech they asked for questions from the audience and I immediately raised my had. I asked, Frank, how did you feel about the Bailout? He responded, he was in support of a Bailout but wasn't so happy about the first go around. He said he felt much more comfortable about the final Bailout. So I followed up by saying, so you were personally for the Bailout. "YES." I quickly stated, "so you were OK with the first one but happier with the second, what about the $140 billion worth of Pork added to the Bill, you were happier with the second one?"

Barbara grabbed the microphone away from Frank and said that others need to ask questions but they would speak to me after things were over. Now, to be completely fair. I waited around for Frank to come out and I politely asked if I could ask my final question and he said, "You've asked enough questions for one day Joe." I replied, oh, come on Frank, I just have one more question. He replied, "not today Joe."

I think it's only fair that the Voters know he dodged the final question which was, the first go around wasn't good enough but after they added $140 Billion worth of Pork you were OK about it?

I think everyone knows by now, I like Frank Kratovil. He's a nice guy and I truly believe with all my heart that this man honestly wants to help the state of Maryland in Congress. The major difference between Andy Harris and Frank Kratovil is the fact that Andy believes that if you give the Government more money, they're going to spend it. Hence the PORK adding up to a total of $840,000,000,000.00!!!!!!!!

So as long as theirs BRIBE money being passed around for Congressmen, it's a good deal. Without it, it sucks on the surface. Look Folks, it is what it is. Not one single individual can deny that.

That being said, in three or more weeks you're going to either vote for a guy who believes in spending a LOT more of your money or you're going to vote for a guy who clearly stated BEFORE the vote was ever done that he was against this Bailout Bill AND the Pork that went with it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

SU is wrong to become a forum for a University sponsored partisan political campaign event.

Kratovil had no business acting as if he were an elected official in that venue.

Let's hope this helps Harris. I think that it will, too.

Anonymous said...

Wonder why Barbara felt she had to protect Frank from your question Joe? I wish I had been there. I would of been happy to ask it for you because I want to know the answer. Not that he's getting my vote, only because I want to hear why he was in favor of it at all.

Go Andy!!

Anonymous said...

Joe:

Thanks for outting this pair -- Babs and Bozo, If she does not favor the wall street bailout, why did she vote for it last week. And is Krat. for or against it -- or just afraid to tell us what he would have done.

Anonymous said...

The University itself did not invite Kratovil and Mikulski. They were hosted by the Salisbury University Dems on Campus.

If the College Republicans wanted to bring Andy Harris and Bob Ehrlich, they would be able to do so.

Anonymous said...

Please spare us, not another Pelosi YES man.

Anonymous said...

Hes a pencil head schmuck.

Anonymous said...

Babs is like Gilchrest, she's been in office to long. Time to flip Congress on it's ear and toss those bastards out...all of them

Anonymous said...

8:13--

Public property should not be used for partisan politics and campaign events. It ought to be against the law, but (this being Maryland) it's probably not.

Regardless, it shows lack of judgment by those who were involved -- not surprising given who.

Anonymous said...

Don't like the guy- But the Tie he's wearing is pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

10:09,
You are wrong. The college Democrats sponsored this, and if the College Republicans ever got themselves organized, they can invite Harris. In fact, I think that would be great. The more people hear Harris talk, the more scared they get.

Anonymous said...

You can't vote for him Joe, so I understand why he would want to answer questions from those that are actually part of the district.

Mardela said...

Reporters ask questions all the time of candidates. They may not be able to vote for that person, but they can still report what the candidates views are. Thanks for being there Joe.