Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Maryland State Trooper Todd Is A Wreck


There was a recent article in the Daily Times about a Maryland State Trooper getting in an accident around 3:00 AM two weeks ago. Considering I knew the person he hit and admitted the Trooper was at fault, the more I learned about Trooper Todd's accident history.

First of all, let me start by saying, yes, this is the Son of Worcester County States Attorney Joel Todd. Secondly, Trooper Todd has allegedly been in 7 automobile accidents in the past 14 months. Of those 7 accidents, only one was rated not preventable, he hit a deer.

OK, if you think that's a bad track record, I'm also told Trooper Todd has also been in an additional 3 accidents in his personal vehicle in the same 14 month period as the on the job accidents.

This guy needs to be driven around in a limo for the safety of the Citizens of the Eastern Shore of Maryland! I heard through the grapevine after this last accident this particular Trooper may in fact lose his job because he simply cannot drive.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What county does this Trooper work in? That track record isn't acceptable but you can bet daddy will continue to pull strings for him to keep his job. Daddy is probably the reason he's had a job this long.

Anonymous said...

Appears to be a very good liability cases against the State. They know of a dangerous problem and refuse to address and correct the problem. CHA CHING CHA CHING there goes more of my tax dollars out the window unnecessarily

Anonymous said...

You bet Daddy is the reason this guy still has a job!! Totally unacceptable for a State Trooper...what an embarrassment he is to his fellow co-workers....RETIRE TODD!

Anonymous said...

Boy, does the good old boy network ever end

Anonymous said...

Retire him my ass FIRE him now. Most Companies would have tossed his ass after the third accident. Seems like his daddy needs to find him a bicycle patrol job somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmm I understand he is being driven around daily because he cant drive himself. I also understand they just sent him to bike school. WOW I guess he can only do so much damage on a bike. They better put a huge helmet on him. ( Bright Orange ) So I can see him coming. MSP Command has some interesting views on conduct and performance. I know those who have done much less and are no longer with the state. Good Ole Boys rule. Oh one more point I guess a supervisor was to ride with him some sort of remedial driving. That supervisor better get Hazardous duty pay. I wish the kid well maybe it is some type of medical issue who knows keep him out the car untill you know