Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Florida college offers class that teaches students that ‘the U.S. remains a white supremacist society’

If you or any of your children or grandchildren are considering going to Florida Gulf Coast University, you might want to put a pin in that. Unless, of course, you’re comfortable going to a college that openly and actively demonizes white people for no reason other than being white.

I personally have enough irrational hatred in my life, and don’t need to add some salty sociology professor’s racist opinions to the list. That’s a hard pass from me.

The Florida Professor, Ted Thornhill, is now heading a class that aims to teach students that they are living in a country that is still a “white supremacist society.” If this doesn’t anger you beyond measure, you’re not paying attention.

“Too many Americans, especially whites, are cocooned in a ‘bubble of unreality’ as it concerns racial matters,” he said in a statement to the media. “I’m not teaching this course because white people get upset at me teaching this course, and I’m not teaching it because it makes them comfortable. I’m teaching it because it’s an important topic that needs to be addressed.”

More

No comments: